New Boutique Hotel Planned For Upper King – And Lots More
A 24-unit hotel is planned behind the HoM restaurant/apartments at 561-563 King Street, across from the Midtown development that includes the Hyatt House and Hyatt Place hotels and will open later this year. The article, by Warren Wise of The Post and Courier, also offers a great summary on other hotels planned downtown, including:
– 583 King Street, where a 54-unit unnamed hotel is in the works
– Hyatt House (113 suites) and Hyatt Place (191 rooms) at the Midtown development
– Homewood Suites (139 rooms) at 415 Meeting Street
– Bennett Hospitality’s yet unnamed flag with 185 rooms at 404 King Street, next to Francis Marion Park and across from the Francis Marion Hotel.
– Spectator Hotel at 71 Stage Street at the historic markets that opens next month with 41 rooms
– Dewberry Capital’s 161-room hotel on Meeting Street, north of Calhoun, in the former Mendel Rivers Federal Building.
– A 160-room unbranded hotel at Huger Street and the Ravenel Bridge and Meeting Street.
For the statisticians in the crowd, that’s 1,068 rooms, or 390k annual room-nights that are looking for heads on beds.
Posted on May 9, 2015, in CHS, CHS Hotel-Retaurant-Hospitality, CHS Jobs/Economy, Commercial Real Estate, Development, The Post and Courier and tagged hotels, Warren Wise. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.