Monthly Archives: April 2016
Warren Wise has his ear to the ground again with all kinds of openings, and some closings:
- Cirque Salon Studios is taking the 6,200 SF former Carolina’s restaurant at 10 Exchange St downtown
- Boot Barn opened a 10,000 SF store at Promenade at Northwoods Shopping Center across from Northwoods Mall in N CHS
- Bellacino’s Pizza & Grinders out of Michigan opened a 2,400 SF store in the Harris-Teeter anchored Sawmill Village Shopping Center in Summerville
- Kirkland’s closed its 5,540 SF store in the Wal-Mart anchored Wando Crossing Shopping Center in Mount Pleasant
10 WestEdge is a 9-story mixed-use development with a 5-story parking deck that will replace the Crosby’s Seafood at 382 Spring Street as part of the Horizon development now known as WestEdge re-development with MUSC. A ground floor 45,800 SF grocery store is part of 10 WestEdge. An announcement is due soon, but rumors are that Publix or possibly HarrisTeeter is the chosen one. See the article here from Warren Wise of The Post and Courier.
The Post and Courier’s Warren Wise has the latest on retailer/restaurant openings around town. And no closings.
- Lane Bryant opened a new Mount Pleasant store at the Wal-Mart-anchored Wando Crossing Shopping Center, its third store in greater CHS
- Orangetheory Fitness in Summerville is looking to expand to Mount Pleasant, joining the existing West Ashley location
- A new consignment shop downtown
- Persimmon Cafe opening soon in Summerville at the EarthFare anchored Summerville Marketplace Shopping Center
- Woof Gang Bakery now with a second CHS location, this one in Mount Pleasant
The owner of Ashley Landing and the former Northbridge Pigg plan to develop the triangular remainder into a Sunoco gas station/c-store; its at the intersection of Sam Rittenburg and Old Towne Road in West Ashley. Warren Wise has the article here for The Post and Courier.
New/planned openings for retailers and restaurants around CHS, per an article by Warren Wise of The Post and Courier.
- J. Crew Mercantile opened at Bowman Place Shopping Center in Mount Pleasant
- Conn’s HomePlus opened across from Tanger in N CHS
- New Kitchen Art store at Citadel Mall in West Ashley
- A new Starbuck’s planned in West Ashley at 864 Folly Road
- Trek Bicycle opened its second CHS area store, this one in West Ashley
- A new Pilot Travel Center near Hanahan in N CHS
- A new Arby’s in Mount Pleasant at 1190 Johnnie Dodds Blvd.
Lowes Foods out of NC (and no relation to the other Lowe’s) is planning its first CHS area store in Mount Pleasant at Hwy 41 and Wood Park Drive, near the Rivertowne subdivision entrance and directly across from a Harris Teeter. John McDermott of The Post and Courier has the story here.