Warren Wise of The Post and Courier brings us up to date on all rumors and confirmed stories regarding retail in CHS, including:
- A new Chick-Fil-A in Mount Pleasant, this one at 653 Long Point Road just outside I-526 and across from the Harris Teeter anchored Belle Hall Shopping Center
- Bikram Yoga and a Blue Water c-store are also coming to Mount Pleasant
- PetSmart opened a new store at 850 Folly Road in the Super Bi-Lo anchored center on James Island
- Waffle House is opening its 8th area location, this one in N CHS at Sumner Avenue and Paulson Street, opposite a new Bojangle’s
- McDonald’s is planning a store at 1645 Red Bank Road near the new Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market in Goose Creek/Berkeley County near SPAWAR
- A new Fresh Produce women’s clothing store opens at 218 King Street downtown, in the former Nine West store, relocating its nearby store out of Shops at Belmond Charleston Place
A Hilton Head resident plans to develop ten MOD Pizza restaurants in South Carolina and the initial store will be in CHS, according to a brief report from Warren Wise of The Post and Courier, which also includes an announcement that ChickFilA is building a store in Moncks Corner, Chaps will open at Tanger Outlets in North CHS, a new store at Mount Pleasant Towne Centre, and Petco taking moving a few miles up Rivers Avenue and taking over the now dark OfficeMax, plus a couple of store closings around town.