Warren Wise of The Post and Courier has an article updating the local retail scene, including the announcement of a 4th Chipotle, this one in Mount Pleasant; and plans for their 5th store in West Ashley near Citadel Mall. Also, specialty food retailer Southern Season opening a store (kinda) downtown on Market Street.
Warren Wise of The Post and Courier gives us a great update on retail/restaurants coming and going across the CHS region.
- Chipotle is looking at two more sites (they have two already – one on Rivers Avenue in N CHS and one at King/Calhoun downtown); the two new sites would be in West Ashley at 2051 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. near Citadel Mall, and the other in a former mattress store at Centre Pointe near Tanger in N CHS. How ’bout Summerville or Mt. Pleasant?
- Velocity Air Sports plans to open an entertainment facility with trampoline dodge ball and such at the 40k SF former Sofa Super Store at 8551 Rivers Avenue in N CHS.
- A local pharmacy, Delta Pharmacy and Medical Supply will open its 7th location in Hollywood inside the Pigg.
- Lulu Burgess of Beaufort will open a 1,285 SF store at 409 King St.
- A wedding boutique store, Steel Magnolias Boutique, has opened at 416-A Old Trolley Road in Summerville.
- PowerFit, a personal trainer, has leased 2,400 SF at Morgans Point Road in Mt. Pleasant.
- A new Sunoco station is set for a re-grand opening in Summerville at 9910 Dorchester Road.
Chipotle has announced its opening for March 13 for its downtown Charleston store on King and Calhoun Streets. It is part of a 35k SF redevelopment of the former MIllennium Music building that will soon house the only Walgreens downtown plus a Carolina Ale House and other yet-to-be announced tenants. Warren Wise of The Post and Courier has the announcement.
Chipotle will open in December its second area restaurant directly across from its nemesis, Moe’s, at King and Calhoun Streets downtown. Walgreens is part of the development, too, along with Carolina Ale House that will include a rooftop bar. Abigail Darlington of The Post and Courier has the announcement.
Carolina Ale House, a chain with 21 stores in the Southeast, will open a 2-story (including rooftop) restaurant/bar at the former Millennium Music Building at King and Calhoun that will also house a Walgreen’s drugstore and a Chipotle Mexican Grill. This will be CAH’s second location as they also open a restaurant at Nexton in Summerville in July. Abigail Darlington of The Post and Courier has the brief story.